This event is in the past.
Women Lawyers of Ventura County is pleased to present "Divorce 101: What Your Clients Need to Know" on Friday, July 10, 2015 from 12:00 - 1:15 p.m. Sylvia Soto, Certified Specialist in Family Law, will present a program highlighting the most common pitfalls and frequently asked questions concerning divorce, including discussion of the following topics:
- How much will I get in child support?
- How much will I pay in spousal support?
- Can I move children out of state?
- Can I get a restraining order?
- How long will the process take?
- Will I really get one-half of everything?
- What can I do to prepare for divorce?
With the law firm of Nelson Comis Kettle & Kinney LLP, Ms. Soto practices in all areas of Family Law including dissolution of marriage actions, legal separations, parentage actions and guardianships. She represents litigants but is also retained as a mediator, consultant or collaborative law divorce lawyer. She also negotiates and drafts prenuptial, cohabitation and postnuptial agreements. Ms. Soto received her BA in Business Administration from Loyola Marymount University in 1985, her MA in International Policy Studies from Stanford University in 1992, and her JD from the University of California Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law in 1988.